The members of the Board of Trustees of EMMANCIPATION CENTRE FOR CRISIS VICTIMS IN NIGERIA, for the purpose of the Companies and Allied Matters Act No. 1 of 1990 part C, shall be elected at a General Meeting charged with the responsibility of selecting the Trustees with two-thirds majority votes of members present and voting.
Such Board of Trustees (hereinafter referred to as “the Trustees”) shall not be less than Five and not more than Nine in number.
A Trustee may hold office for life but shall cease to hold office if he/she:
- Resigns his/her office;
- Ceases to be a member of the registered Trustees of the Centre;
- Becomes insane;
- Is officially declared bankrupt;
- Is convicted of a criminal offence involving dishonesty by a Court of competent jurisdiction;
- Is recommended for removal from office by the Board of Trustees majority vote of members present at any General Meeting of the Centre;
- Ceases to reside in Nigeria;
- Is a member of a secret society;
Upon a vacancy occurring in the number of Trustees, a General Meeting will be held to appoint another eligible member of the Centre.