At about 8:00pm of last night, 28th September, 2020, natives of Irigwe ethnic extraction in Kpachudu village of Bassa LGA, Plateau State were visited with another armed invasion that claimed a minor and 2 young women.
The heart aching development is said to had occurred following
a similar attack that resulted to three natives killed in Ncha village of Bassa Local Government where 21 people were reportedly murdered on September 7, 2017.
According to eyewitnesses’ accounts, the yet to be identified
perpetrators of the two consecutive attacks are said to be suspected Fulani herdsmen. “The three unsuspecting people killed last night were one minor and 2 women namely, Emmanuel David 6years old, a primary 2 pupil, Mrs. Asabe John 25years old and Miss. Mary Andrew 18years old respectively,” he said. In a further reaction, it’s gathered that ” three were killed by some assailants suspected to be fulani who opened gunfire in a private residence,” President of the Meyango Youth Movement, Mr. Chinge Dodo said.
The attacks followed a murder of five people last Thursday at K-Vom Community in Jos South Local Government Area, which was preceded by similar gory incident that engulfed a village Chief, HRH Bulus Chuwang Jang in Foron village of Barkin Ladi LGA whose funeral has been slated for Friday, October 2, 2020.
The attacks are concomitantly lunched with both daylight and overnight grazing unprecedentedly witnessed in Bassa, Riyom, Barkin Ladi and Bokkos LGAs aside ambush laid by another group of suspected Fulani along Rim-Jol road on 27th September, 2020 as well as threats of armed invasions circulated on Social Media that some villages and communities have been earmarked for possible invasions and mischiefs on farmlands.
Following the aforementioned issues, it becomes pertinent to urge all relevant authorities to step up actions necessary to-
- Avert any possible attack in order not to plunge law abiding citizens into an avoidable insurrection;
- Discreet investigation be carried out to unravel all the actors of terror attacks, mischief makers, and other parties to the renewed perpetration of aggression on innocent perons;
- Arraignment of all arrested perpetrators of armed invasions and mischiefs makers after proper investigation has been duly carried out;
- Local vigilance be put in place or intensified to guard against any aggression.
- And any other measure deemed necessary in the circumstances.
By Dalyop Solomon Mwantiri, Esq.
Emancipation Centre for Crisis Victims in Nigeria-ECCVN