RC. NO: CAC/IT/NO 107535
EMANCIPATION CENTRE FOR CRISIS VICTIMS IN NIGERIA (ECCVN)
Address: No. 5 Off ITF Drive, Miango Low-Cost Road, Opposite NYSC Lodge, Jos
TEL: 0806 524 5811, 0909 741 9841; EMAIL: email@example.com
Our Ref:_______ Your Ref:_______ Date: 15/3/2019
THE COMMISSIONER OF POLICE,
PLATEAU STATE COMMAND,
NIGERIAN POLICE HEADQUARTERS, JOS
MATTER OF URGENCY ON THREAT TO PUBLIC PEACE AND ORDER!!!
COMPLAINT OVER TRESPASS AND ILLEGAL ERECTION OF BUILDING BY YUGUDA WAKE ON LAND AT FAHURUM, MANDUNG CLAN OF DAFFO DISTRICT, BOKKOS LOCAL GOVERNRMENT AREA OF PLATEAU STATE; THREAT TO PUBLIC PEACE AND ORDER
In view of the aforementioned subject matter, for and on behalf of the entire family of Da John Magit of Mandung Clan, Emancipation Centre for Crisis Victims in Nigeria (hereinafter referred to as “The Centre”),it is hereby stated and/or complained as follows:-
1. It is within public knowledge that the Ron native inhabitants of Mandung Clan are predominantly agrarian and have always been known for unmatched hospitality and peaceful coexistence with all settlers from various ethnic nationalities including Fulani herdsmen.
2. The exhibition of such virtuous hospitality in preceding paragraph has been brazenly abused by some unscrupulous Fulani herdsmen, especially Yuguda Wake against whom this petition is written.
3. It is on record that ever since the wake of Fulani herdsmen attacks, killings and continued threats on Ron Communities of Mandung Clan from January 2018 to date, more than 40 persons have been gruesomely killed in cold blood, many others were inflicted with varying degrees of injuries, wanton destruction of properties including foodstuff, farm produce, livestock and other domestic valuables worth Millions of Naira. In addition, the Ron natives of Mandung Clan were displaced from Ganda, Fubok, Filla, Faaghai and Farundonghai.
4. In furtherance of the sustained aggressions of the Fulani herdsmen, a land situates at Fahurum of Mandung Clan has been trespassed into by one Yuguda Wake who uncivilly began to erect building on the land customarily owned by the family of Da John Magit of Mandung Clan, Daffo District of Bokkos Local Government Area without first seeking and obtaining a requisite consent of the land owner.
5. It is equally important to note that-
a) As at the time of early notice of the trespass to the said property sometime in December, 2018, the said Yuguda Wake was orally stopped from any further acts of trespass on the land and also advised to evacuate any personal belongings thereon.
b) The refusal of Yuguda Wake to adhere to repeated advice of the property owner impelled reporting the matter to District Head of Daffo who summoned a meeting where all parties including Da Mark Ajoro were in attendance. At the meeting with the District Head of Daffo, the trespasser (Yuguda Wake) claimed to have had the prior consent of the land owner before mobilizing building materials into the land. The owner, Da John Magit vehemently refuted that no permission was ever advanced, not to even talk of consent ever granted to Yuguda Wake by anyone at all.
c) Considering the volatile security implication of the issue of trespass, the District Head of Daffo referred both parties to the personnel of Operation Safe Haven (OPSH) stationed at Ganda in Mandung Clan for quick and speedy resolution in order to halt any likelihood of breach of existing fragile peace.
d) At the scheduled meeting of the parties with the personnel of OPSH over the trespass, both parties were advised to reconvene to another meeting for final decision over the matter.
e) In adherence to such wise counsel, the parties including personnel of OPSH, Headmen of Hamlets in Mandung Clan and other residents both of Ron natives and Fulani extractions held
another meeting on 17th day of December, 2018 at the residence of Saf Mandung Clan where it was resolved that Yuguda Wake should vacate the said land with immediate effect.
As at date, Yuguda Wake has obdurately failed/refused to vacate the land but has brazenly continued to erect building, thus defying every entreaty to vacate. Attached hereto are copies of snapped shots of building work on the trespassed land.
6. It is fundamentally important to re-echo that the uncelebrated act exhibited by the trespasser was first noticed by the land owner sometime in December, 2018 and a protest against it was immediately raised, challenging the said unwarranted act.
7. That since the resolution made in the presence of security personnel will be dishonorably defied without regard to its pervasive implications, there is therefore an undertone of breach of peace likely to be occasioned if this outrageous act of lawlessness is not decisively curbed in the bud in order to avoid another tragic incident and/or theatre of bloodbath that may be visited on either the land owner or family members and/or the already traumatized Ron native inhabitants who are passionate to return to their ancestral settlements and start up live afresh.
8. In view of the above weighty issues necessitating speedy intervention, The Centre hereby implores you to use your good offices to promptly wade into the pending trespass by Yuguda Wake in Fahurum of Mandung Clan. In this regard, you are dispassionately invited to order an investigation of the trespass for possible prosecution. This will invariably restrain anyone who is foisted with such criminal proclivity.
9. That your good offices are also requested to assist in sustaining peaceful coexistence being nurtured in Mandung Clan by checkmating the brazen attitude of an individual who seeks to arrogate to himself an unfettered power of injury being displayed against a land owner who has become an Internally Displaced Person (IDP) in his own land that forms part of Nigeria, a country where every action is weighed in accordance with provision of the rule of law; Land Use Act and 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria (as amended).
10. That your timeous and prompt intervention will certainly guarantee the present fragile peace and tranquility long labored for by relevant stakeholder-architectures who put in their wealth of industry to sustain it.
Sir, it will serve the interest of justice, fairness and public peace if this pressing call for your intervention is given a rapt consideration so that illegality and other acts of criminality are not celebrated with impunity in this civilized era of the 21st Century.
Dalyop Solomon Mwantiri, Esq,
Coordinator of Emancipation Centre for Crisis Victims in Nigeria (ECCVN)
1. HE, (Rt. Hon.) Simon B. Lalong, Governor, Plateau State.
2. The Distinguished Senator, Plateau Central District, NASS Abuja
3. Hon, (Engr.) Solomon Maren, NASS, Abuja.
4. Hon. Attorney General & Commissioner of Justice, Plateau State
5. Hon. Sunday Muchen, PLHA Jos
6. The Council Chairman, Bokkos LGA.
7. Permanent Secretary, Security Services, Plateau State.
8. The Coordinator of Operation Rainbow, Plateau State.
9. Hon. Zakka Akulung, Councilor of Daffo Ward
10. District Head, Daffo, Bokkos LGA
11. The Saf Mandung (Galadima Daffo), Da Jonathan Sunday Akun.
12. The Station Officer, State Security Services, Bokkos LGA
13. The Assistance Commissioner of Police,
Area Command, Pankshin.
14. The Commander, Sector 7, Operation Safe Haven, Barkin Ladi
15. O.C Operation Safe Haven, Flush Operational Base, Bokkos LGA
16. The Station Officer, Nigeria Police Force, Daffo, Bokkos Local Govt. Area.
17. The O.C. of Operation Safe Haven, Ganda Unit, Mandung Clan.
18. The National Chairman of Ron Community Development Association.
19. The National Youth President, Ron Youth Association.